Create Folders

pramod khanna 09/21/2004 08:55 am
well i dont have a question, but a suggestion.
wouldn`t be it nice if we could create folders in Mass Downloader, so we can manage the downloads as per the category.
what i mean is that instead of seeing files, we see just the folders and when we click on the folder it expands showing the files it has under the category.
so what we will see is a very clean interface, with a easy to manage downloads.

i hope u get my point.
Alexander 09/21/2004 09:06 am
Dear Pramod Khanna,

Thank you for writing us.
So, you don`t like Mass Downloader`s Categories panel and want to have an ability to create folders right in the Projects List.
Could you please tell us why you don`t like the Categories Panel (View | Explorer Bar | Category Tree.) Thank you.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
pramod khanna 09/22/2004 03:26 am
Dear Mr. Bednyakov

First of all please accept my appology, as i did not go through the program thurougly and simply came up with a suggestion. I think u will understand as i am a new user to this software.
So today i created folders and managed my downloads. I really liked it, but would love it if we are able to created subfolders too.

thanks & regards
pramod khanna

> Dear Pramod Khanna,
>
> Thank you for writing us.
> So, you don`t like Mass Downloader`s Categories panel and want to have an ability to create folders right in the Projects List.
> Could you please tell us why you don`t like the Categories Panel (View | Explorer Bar | Category Tree.) Thank you.
>
> Best regards,
> Alexander Bednyakov
> MP Staff
Alexander 09/22/2004 05:04 am
Pramod Khanna,

Thank you for your feedback.
We are glad that your problem is solved. We added your suggestion to the Mass Downloader development file.

Sincerely,
Alexander
pramod khanna 09/22/2004 07:17 am
Dear Sir,

One more thing i like to pin point is, whenever a new download is started, it is not saved in the folder which is currrently selected, but is automatically saved in the `Other` folder.
whereas what should happen is the new download should be saved in the selected folder.

thanks & regards
pramod

> Pramod Khanna,
>
> Thank you for your feedback.
> We are glad that your problem is solved. We added your suggestion to the Mass Downloader development file.
>
> Sincerely,
> Alexander
Alexander 09/22/2004 08:54 am
Pramod Khanna,

Please go to the Mass Downloader Options dialog, Integration section. Please uncheck the "Use default parameters" box and click the OK button. Now Mass Downloader opens the Project Properties dialog which allows you to select a category (folder) before adding a Project.

Sincerely,
Alexander