Mozilla Firefox Dis-integration

Anat 09/21/2004 04:55 am
I enabled integration of Mozilla Firefox with "Mass Downloader 2.7.534 SR2". whatever files that I downloaded started to get redirected to mass downloader. but I decided to revoke this integration and I unchecked the integration with "Mozilla/Netscape Navigator6,7". since that day I am not able to downloaded any file through firefox. the error displayed is "This object has been blocked". I tried to uninstall/re-install firefox and mass downloader. I tried to enable/disable mozilla integration from within mass downloader. I tried to clean up the registry of all mozilla entries after uninstalling firefox, but nothing worked. I am still getting the same error and I am not able to download any file from the net- with or without the integration. is it possible for me to get firefox to function normally?
Anat 09/21/2004 05:06 am

sorry, i forgot to mention. I read another users post about this in this same forum, i found the file npmassdn.dll in the Mass Downloader folder and i deleted it. there was no other instance of this file. and the PROBLEM STILL PERSISTS. please help. i am not able to download anything from the net.

> I enabled integration of Mozilla Firefox with "Mass Downloader 2.7.534 SR2". whatever files that I downloaded started to get redirected to mass downloader. but I decided to revoke this integration and I unchecked the integration with "Mozilla/Netscape Navigator6,7". since that day I am not able to downloaded any file through firefox. the error displayed is "This object has been blocked". I tried to uninstall/re-install firefox and mass downloader. I tried to enable/disable mozilla integration from within mass downloader. I tried to clean up the registry of all mozilla entries after uninstalling firefox, but nothing worked. I am still getting the same error and I am not able to download any file from the net- with or without the integration. is it possible for me to get firefox to function normally?
Alexander 09/21/2004 06:31 am
Dear Anat,

Thank you for writing us.
Please try the following:
1. Close FireFox
2. Go to the Mass Downloader Options dialog, Integration | Browsers page and
uncheck the "Mozilla, Netscape" box
3. Click the OK button
4. Run FireFox, go to the Tools | Options... menu entry
5. In the Options dialog, please select the Downloads category and click the
Plug-ins button

Will Mass Downloader be there?

Click the OK button and then close the Options dialog using the OK button, too.
Please test your downloads and write us about the result. Thank you.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
Anat 09/21/2004 08:16 am
thanks, it helped and now everything is alright
Alexander 09/21/2004 08:54 am
Anat,

Thank you for your feedback.
The reason of this problem is that Mozilla doesn`t renew its plugin settings automatically.

Sincerely,
Alexander
Rongmao Zhou 10/21/2004 06:23 pm
Dear Alexander:

I have similar problem also. I can`t access any file, such as PDF, Word, and EXE files. From Firefox, it says"This object has been blocked", and from IE, it says "
You are not authorized to view this page
You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please try to contact the Web site by using any e-mail address or phone number that may be listed on the geology.heroy.smu.edu home page.

You can click Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
Internet Explorer

Any idea this could be. Thanks,

Rongmao

> Anat,
> > Thank you for your feedback.
> The reason of this problem is that Mozilla doesn`t renew its plugin settings automatically.
> > Sincerely,
> Alexander
Alexander 10/22/2004 03:10 am
Dear Rongmao,

Please try the same:
1. Close FireFox
2. Go to the Mass Downloader Options dialog, Integration | Browsers page and
uncheck the "Mozilla, Netscape" box
3. Click the OK button
4. Run FireFox, go to the Tools | Options... menu entry
5. In the Options dialog, please select the Downloads category and click the
Plug-ins button

Will Mass Downloader be there?

Click the OK button and then close the Options dialog using the OK button, too.
Please test your downloads and write us about the result. Thank you.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
Rongmao Zhou 10/22/2004 09:49 am
Dear Alexander,

Thank you for your reply!

I can`t find Mass Downloader Option dialog. Where should I go and find Mass Downloader Options dialog? Thanks,

Rongmao

10/22/2004 06:53 pm
> I can`t find Mass Downloader Option dialog.

You should search this in Mass Downloader and not in Firefox:

- Close FireFox
- Start Mass Downloader
- View... Options... Integration... Browsers...
Alexander 10/23/2004 02:51 am
Rongmao,

To find Mass Downloader Options dialog please go to View menu | Options item for Mass Downloader 2.x version. If you have Mass Downloader 3.0 version, please go to the Tools menu, Options item.
In all versions of Mass Downloader you can display the Options dialog using the corresponding toolbar button.

Sincerely,
Alexander.
Alexander Bednyakov
MetaProducts Corporation

> Dear Alexander,
>
> Thank you for your reply!
>
> I can`t find Mass Downloader Option dialog. Where should I go and find Mass Downloader Options dialog? Thanks,
>
> Rongmao
>
>
Rongmao Zhou 10/23/2004 11:19 am
Dear Alexander:

I can`t find Mass Downloader from my PC. I had the problems to download any files from the net two days ago and I tried to figure out the reason by searching it from web. And I found this forums. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Any ideas? Thanks a lot!

Rongmao

Alexander 10/23/2004 05:03 pm
Rongmao,

Error 403 means that you are not authorized to download files from this site.

Sincerely,
Alexander
Rongmao Zhou 10/23/2004 06:45 pm
Hi, Alexander

I can`t access any website to download PDF, DOC, EXE, etc files. This problem is new and just started two days ago.

Thanks,

Rongmao

> Rongmao,
>
> Error 403 means that you are not authorized to download files from this site.
>
> Sincerely,
> Alexander
Alexander 10/24/2004 02:19 am
Rongmao,

Are you behind firewall?
Which programs did you install two days ago?

Sincerely,
Alexander
Rongmao Zhou 10/25/2004 09:00 am
Dear Alexander:

I didn`t remember I install any programs at that time. I tried to close the firewall programs (ZoneAlarm and Firewall from Windows XP), which didn`t make difference.

I removed FIrefox and re-install it again, it didn`t change anything. And I used VirusScan to scan the computer and didn`t find anything.

Yesterday, I installed Flashget and it works fine to download file.

Thanks for your help!

Rongmao

> Rongmao,
> > Are you behind firewall?
> Which programs did you install two days ago?
> > Sincerely,
> Alexander
Alexander 10/25/2004 09:22 am
Rongmao,

I did not help you at all, you did this yourself. :-)

Alexander
Rongmao Zhou 10/25/2004 09:57 am
Alenander:

At last email, when I said " Yesterday, I installed Flashget and it works fine to download file". which means I can download file from Flashget. However, I still can`t download files directly from IE or Firefox.

Thanks,

Rongmao

> Rongmao,
> > I did not help you at all, you did this yourself. :-)
> > Alexander
Alexander 10/25/2004 10:14 am
Yes, I see.
BTW, do you use proxy server?

Alexander
Rongmao Zhou 10/25/2004 10:22 am
Alexander:

I am not using proxy server.

And I instlled Netscape 7.2 yesterday and it gave same message as Firefox, "This object has been blocked".

Rongmao

> Yes, I see.
> BTW, do you use proxy server?
> > Alexander
Alexander 10/25/2004 11:23 am
Rongmao,

Please go to this page and read Mozilla tech team`s explanation:
http://mozilla.gunnars.net/mozfaq_use.html#object_blocked

Alexander
Rongmao Zhou 10/25/2004 04:25 pm
Thank you very much, Alexander.

Problem solved!

Rongmao

> Rongmao,
> > Please go to this page and read Mozilla tech team`s explanation:
> http://mozilla.gunnars.net/mozfaq_use.html#object_blocked
> > Alexander
Alexander 10/25/2004 04:40 pm
Rongmao,

Good!
I am glad that your problem is solved.

Sincerely,
Alexander.
Christian 12/16/2004 12:03 am
> Dear Anat,
> > Thank you for writing us.
> Please try the following:
> 1. Close FireFox
> 2. Go to the Mass Downloader Options dialog, Integration | Browsers page and
> uncheck the "Mozilla, Netscape" box
> 3. Click the OK button
> 4. Run FireFox, go to the Tools | Options... menu entry
> 5. In the Options dialog, please select the Downloads category and click the
> Plug-ins button
> > Will Mass Downloader be there?
> > Click the OK button and then close the Options dialog using the OK button, too.
> Please test your downloads and write us about the result. Thank you.
> > Best regards,
> Alexander Bednyakov
> MP Staff

Dear Alexander

I download recently MS 3.0 registred and I follow the instructions above to integrate it in Firefox 1.0
but if I uncheck the Mozilla /Netscape button after ok or apply it still remain checked; an MS do not appear in the plugins.
I use XP home SP2.

How can I integrate it in the Firefox right_click contextual menu as it appear in IE6 (Download with... Download all with...)?

Thank yon for respond

Christian

Alexander 12/16/2004 09:55 am
Dear Christian,

Thank you for writing us.

> I download recently MS 3.0 registred and I follow the instructions above to integrate it in Firefox 1.0
> but if I uncheck the Mozilla /Netscape button after ok or apply it still remain checked;
> an MS do not appear in the plugins.
> I use XP home SP2.

Mozilla changes the interaction with plugins in every version... I just checked this - FireFox 1.0 under XP SP2 doesn`t show Mass Downloader in the plugins list. However, the Mass Downloader`s plugin catches downloads well (tested at the http://www.metaproducts.com/MD.html page.)
Could you please set the Mozilla / Netscape box in the Mass Downloader Options dialog, click OK and then open the new FireFox window, go to this page (http://www.metaproducts.com/MD.html) and click the Download link? Please write me about the result. Thank you.

> How can I integrate it in the Firefox right_click contextual menu as it appear in IE6 (Download with... Download all with...)?

This will be added to the next version of Mass Downloader.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
christian 12/16/2004 04:41 pm

> > Mozilla changes the interaction with plugins in every version... I just checked this - FireFox 1.0 under XP SP2 doesn`t show Mass Downloader in the plugins list. However, the Mass Downloader`s plugin catches downloads well (tested at the http://www.metaproducts.com/MD.html page.)
> Could you please set the Mozilla / Netscape box in the Mass Downloader Options dialog, click OK and then open the new FireFox window, go to this page (http://www.metaproducts.com/MD.html) and click the Download link? Please write me about the result. Thank you.
> > > How can I integrate it in the Firefox right_click contextual menu as it appear in IE6 (Download with... Download all with...)?
> > This will be added to the next version of Mass Downloader.
> > Best regards,
> Alexander Bednyakov
> MP Staff
Dear Alexander,

I follow your instructions, but the download panel of Firefox still appear for downloading the exe and MS plugin is still not there.
I do not use the SP2 firewall. I use Norton internet security 2005 in case...

best regards

Christian
Alexander 12/17/2004 04:45 am
Dear Christian,

Thank you for your report. We will try to reproduce and fix this problem in the next version.
In the meanwhile please use the DownloadWith Mozilla extension. You can find the link in the following forum thread: http://www.metaproducts.com/mp/mpSupport_User_Forums_Message.asp?id=8899

Sincerely,
Alexander
Alexander 12/17/2004 04:47 am
Dear Abd Arahman,

Thank you for your report.
Please search for the npmassdn.dll file at your hard disk and remove it. After this please start your browser and test your downloads. Please write us about the result. Thank you.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
saulpaugh_r 10/14/2005 08:47 pm
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> From Firefox, it says"This object has been blocked", and from IE, it says "
> You are not authorized to view this page
> You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adjusting the Firewall Setting(s) (Ex: ZoneAlarm Privacy Settings) will allow you to download, but if you can`t get the right combo of settings you can - just to prove to yourself - turn off the firewall for the minute it will take to download the file. FWIW having a hardware firewall makes turning off the software firewall during this proving demo a less risky affair. When it comes to security, more layers can be better.
Cheers!
saulpaugh