|08/17/2004 10:20 am|
I want to make some suggestions to improve Mass Downloader:
1. The collapsing (!) of the history tree (CTRL+H) can be very slow if you are using Mass Downloader on an older computer. It can last minutes if you have a huge history tree, whereas expanding the tree is fast enough. This should be fixed.
2. The status of the downloaded files isn`t saved immediately to the disk (Why? Better performance?). So, if you make use of a forced Windows shutdown (or after a "crash"), files already marked as "done" are marked as "ready" on the next start and will be downloaded again; not good.
3. Not all commands can be set as custom buttons. Especially I`m missing an "Import URL`s by file" button.
4. I`m missing some (optional) column categories (as seen in "File info" window; ie. "Download directory")
5. What about a HTTP-Site-Explorer? This would make the program more independent. As an addition, i would like to see a commandline option, something like:
massdown.exe -browse http://...
massdown.exe -browse file://...
|Alexander||08/18/2004 03:21 am|
Thank you for your suggestions.
Could you also write us the version number of your copy of Mass Downloader?
|08/18/2004 03:56 am|
|> Could you also write us the version number of your copy of Mass Downloader?
It`s Mass Downloader 2.7.534 SR2. (Are there newer versions, ie. Betas?)
|Alexander||08/18/2004 04:03 am|
|No, it is the latest one.