Unable to load MD 2.7.517

Russell Leary 06/10/2004 12:35 am
Howdy.

I am not able to load up MD 2.7.517, It will show the splash screen, then dissappear. I had recently defraged my hard-drive and ever since then I have had this problem. I can`t load up the software :(

I have tried to re-installing it, and it installs fine. But I still have the same problem, dbl clicking the MD icon on desktop, splash screen loads up then dissappears. And then nothing, I have even had TaskManager loaded to see if it was running, and nothing shows.

I have even tried it directly from programfiles/massdownload/massdown.exe to make sure that the desktop icon wasnt faulty.

Not sure what I can do.

My O.S. is Windows XP Pro.

I am a registered customer of this software.
Russell Leary 06/10/2004 12:46 am
> Howdy.
>
> I am not able to load up MD 2.7.517, It will show the splash screen, then dissappear. I had recently defraged my hard-drive and ever since then I have had this problem. I can`t load up the software :(
>
> I have tried to re-installing it, and it installs fine. But I still have the same problem, dbl clicking the MD icon on desktop, splash screen loads up then dissappears. And then nothing, I have even had TaskManager loaded to see if it was running, and nothing shows.
>
> I have even tried it directly from programfiles/massdownload/massdown.exe to make sure that the desktop icon wasnt faulty.
>
> Not sure what I can do.
>
> My O.S. is Windows XP Pro.
>
> I am a registered customer of this software.

I am using IE 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2.030422-1633 as well.
Alexander 06/10/2004 02:29 am
Dear Russell Leary,

Thank you for writing us.
Does Mass Downloader show its icon (three green arrows) in the system area (bottom-right corner of the screen)?

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
Russell Leary 06/11/2004 06:20 pm
It doesnt show what you describe at all. Nothing in Taskbar, nothing loaded by viewing with TaskManager, just that when I try to load it up via desktop icon or viewing withing IE web browser (right Click selection menu) , it will show the Splash Screen for a few secs, then disappear.

Did defragging my hard drive have an effect on this?
Alexander 06/14/2004 05:49 am
Dear Russell Leary,

Thank you for your feedback.
Could you please make the export of Mass Downloader Registry entry for us?

To export Mass Downloader data from the Registry please:
1. Open Windows button Start | Run dialog, type "regedit" and press Ok button
2. In the left-hand panel of Registry editor please select
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MetaProducts\Mass Downloader folder
3. In the Registry menu select Export menu item and save selected node to the c:\1.reg file
4. Please attach this file to the email message and send it to support@metaproducts.com. Please add a short problem description.
Thank you for your help.

> Did defragging my hard drive have an effect on this?

No, thi isn`t a cause of this problem.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
Russell Leary 06/17/2004 07:23 pm
Sent the information requested just now.

Thank you.

Alexander 06/18/2004 04:53 am
Dear Russell Leary,

Thank you for your help.
I sent you a link of the new build for a test.

Thanks,
Alexander