File: Import: URLs from file...

A A 06/09/2004 10:21 pm
Hello,
Could anyone provide me with more information in how to use the function, File: Import: URLs from file..., because there is no help for this function ( or I did not find any help) in Help menu ?
What format should the URLs be in the txt file or html file? how to add the URLs in different folders ?

Thanks,
Alexander 06/10/2004 02:26 am
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for writing us.
Mass Downloader extracts any URLs it finds in this file. You can use any format, for example, one link per line. After importing, Mass Downloader opens the "Add projects preview" dialog. To select the other folder please click the Properties button and then the Download one. Mass Downloader shows the Project Properties dialog which allows you to select the folder you need.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
A A 07/03/2004 01:43 pm
Thanks a lot.

This method saved me A LOT of time.

Just one more question. When I import a txt file with URLs in it, Mass Downloader bring up a box titled "Mass Downloader Import links from file" and the box says "Please type the Web URL for the file selected. It needs for correct importing the relative links like "\download\file.zip` and for feferer address." I tried to put any URL but there seems no different in the download process between any URL (even if leave it blank).
Alexander 07/05/2004 08:49 am
Mass Downloader uses this URL for the HTTP request`s referer field.
Some servers may not allow the download without filling this field.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff