error writing file

Erik Wandall 12/29/2003 06:44 pm
Lately my massdownloader won?t download files if they are too big >1 mb. There comes a note saying:
Errror writing file C/........
The process cannot gain access to the file, because an other process is using it (my translation from danish).
Often will I have to retstart the download, because it won?t continue downloading from where I came to.
I have Windows XP Pro

Yours sincerely
Erik Wandall
Alexander 12/30/2003 05:22 am
Dear Erik Wandall,

Thank you for writing us.
Please ensure if you have enough disk space in your Windows XP account. Please try to select the other disk or folder where you have thr writing access.
Also, please write us the complete file name. It is important.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff
Erik Wandall 12/30/2003 10:09 am
Dear Alexander

It says:
Error writing file:C:\fly\DSB_skinnesliber.exe,

The directory C:\fly is where I download to.

there are different files where this message comes.

Erik Wandall
Alexander 01/02/2004 09:36 am
Dear Erik Wandall,

Thank you for your feedback.
It seems that some other program opens this file when Mass Downloader tries to write the downloaded data. Do you have any antivirus scan software?
If it is so, please try to disable it temporaly and test your downloads.
Please write me about the result. Thank you.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff

Erik Wandall 01/05/2004 03:12 pm
Dear Alexander

I am running the Norman antivirus program and this seem to be the trouble. When I disabled the program The Massdownloader worked perfect, I even tried to download the same file twice one with and one without the antivirus and it stopped using the antivirus, but without there was no problems.

But I find it unlucky having to disable my antivirus during the the download period. Can i someway do something with the Massdownloader so it will work together witht the antivirus.

Yours

Erik Wandall
Torshavn
Faroe Islands
Alexander 01/06/2004 02:15 am
Dear Erik Wandall,

Thank you for your feedback.
Mass Downloader opens the disk file for writing, the antivirus opens it too, to check for viruses... I think there should be an option to switch off the file writing antivirus check in the antivirus program.
Could you please try to find it? Your antivirus will still check all files loaded to the memory, etc.
The next version of Mass Downloader will use the other file writing algorithm, this should fix the problem with such antivirus software.

Thank you.

Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff