Progress window in taskbar for each download

Singh 09/08/2003 07:40 pm
Dear Support Team:

Could you please advise me if there is any way I can display a progress window when I initiate a download? In other words, is there any way to make Mass Downloader behave the way regular Internet Explorer behaves in which there is a separate window for each file that you are downloading (and is displayed in the taskbar) and as you soon as the download finishes, the window is closed? Right now, Mass Downloader adds the download to the queue and if you have to see the details of the downloading file, you have to double click the Mass Downloader icon in the tray and then look in the main window.

GetRight and Download Accelerator behave in a way similar to native Internet Explorer in that it creates separate windows for each currently downloading file.

I hope I have explained my question clearly.

I would very much appreciate any help in this regard and whether there is any option to enable the progress window for each currently downloading file.

Regards,

Singh
Oleg Chernavin 09/09/2003 04:28 am
Dear Sir,

Yes, there is such possibility. You only need to download and install Download Express - a freeware plugin for MS Internet Explorer that was developed using Mass Downloader technology. It will provide you with the feature you need. You can find the latest version here:

http://www.metaproducts.com/download/desetup.exe

Best regards,

| Oleg Chernavin
| Senior Development Partner
| MetaProducts Corporation
| Oleg.Chernavin@metaproducts.com
| www.metaproducts.com

09/09/2003 09:16 am
Hi Oleg,

Thanks for the reply. If I install Download Express, does that mean that I have to uninstall Mass Downloader and start using Download Express as my download manager? Or whether Download Express and Mass Downloader work hand in hand?

Thanks again,

Singh

> Dear Sir,
>
> Yes, there is such possibility. You only need to download and install Download Express - a freeware plugin for MS Internet Explorer that was developed using Mass Downloader technology. It will provide you with the feature you need. You can find the latest version here:
>
> http://www.metaproducts.com/download/desetup.exe
>
> Best regards,
>
> | Oleg Chernavin
> | Senior Development Partner
> | MetaProducts Corporation
> | Oleg.Chernavin@metaproducts.com
> | www.metaproducts.com
>
>
>
Oleg Chernavin 09/09/2003 04:02 pm
They can work together effectively. If you need something simple - Download Express will be at hand. If you need to have more features fo certain downloads - start Mass Downloader.

Oleg.
Singh 09/10/2003 02:19 pm
Oleg,

I installed Download Express as you instructed. After trying several downloads, I have found that they don` t seem to work together. Either one of them takes over a download and progress window is shown only when Download Express takes over and in that case, the Mass Downloader`s advanced features are unavailable. If Mass Downloader takes over a download, then again, no progress window is show even though Download Express is also installed on the system.

So, in essence, I think only one of these two can be used at the same time but I don`t think that Mass Downloader`s advanced features as well the progress window of Download Express can coexist at the same time?? Correct me if I am wrong......

Thanks,

Mandeep

> They can work together effectively. If you need something simple - Download Express will be at hand. If you need to have more features fo certain downloads - start Mass Downloader.
>
> Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 09/11/2003 01:54 am
Yes, you either use Download Express or Mass Downloader for each of your downloads.

Oleg.
kaos 03/03/2005 11:58 pm
> Yes, you either use Download Express or Mass Downloader for each of your downloads.
> > Oleg.
Will this be a feature in future versions i think it should be mostly every other download manager have this feature.
Alexander 03/04/2005 02:18 am
Dear Kaos,

Do you mean a separate progress window for each download?
You can use this feature in MetaProducts Download Express.

Sincerely,
Alexander