Downloading .html files

Greg 03/29/2006 07:02 am
Hi,

I just officially purchased your program today, after trying it for a couple weeks and I am very impressed.

I have noticed that when I attempt to download picture files from a site where they are in a .html format, instead of .jpg (or another picture/photo format), Mass Downloader doesn`t recognize that the files are actually pictures. Mass Downloader only downloads the .html file, which of course is not what I`m looking for. Is there any way around this problem?

I have noticed that I can start a new Project, with the actual .jpg URL that the picture resides on, and then go back and start a new Project with the next photo, etc., but this is a VERY long process. I appreciate any advise.

Thanks again for the great program.

Greg
Alexander 03/29/2006 07:02 am
Dear Greg,

Thank you for your kind words and support.

> I have noticed that when I attempt to download picture files from a site
> where they are in a .html format, instead of .jpg (or another picture/photo
> format), Mass Downloader doesn`t recognize that the files are actually
> pictures. Mass Downloader only downloads the .html file, which of course
> is not what I`m looking for. Is there any way around this problem?

Unfortunately, you didn`t send us the URL of this problem HTML page.
This allows us to give you the exact hints.

In Internet Explorer you can right-click the page and select "Download all using Mass Downloader" item of popup menu. Mass Downloader will list all links of this page. Please select files you need and click Download button.

To download the separate image please right-click its link aO? select "Download using Mass Downloader" item of popup menu.

Please note also that you can send any link to Mass Downloader using the click with Ctrl+Alt keys depressed.

Please test these hints and write us about the result. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| Senior Developer
| MetaProducts Corporation

dean 03/29/2006 07:02 am
I found the same problem i have been using mass downloader for a few years and say there is a page of thumnails... but the thumbnail is a link to a HTML not to a JPEG soooo when you right click to "download all with MD" all you get is a list of HTML... no Jpegs so the only way i have found so far is to manually open the html...then save the file ...one by one... maybe Offline Explorer Pro will go into the branches of the tree so to speak and extract the JPEGS,,, what do you say??? i have been bothered with this problem too... or i wish there is a way to do that with MD....

> Dear Greg,
>
> Thank you for your kind words and support.
>
> > I have noticed that when I attempt to download picture files from a site
> > where they are in a .html format, instead of .jpg (or another picture/photo
> > format), Mass Downloader doesn`t recognize that the files are actually
> > pictures. Mass Downloader only downloads the .html file, which of course
> > is not what I`m looking for. Is there any way around this problem?
>
> Unfortunately, you didn`t send us the URL of this problem HTML page.
> This allows us to give you the exact hints.
>
> In Internet Explorer you can right-click the page and select "Download all using Mass Downloader" item of popup menu. Mass Downloader will list all links of this page. Please select files you need and click Download button.
>
> To download the separate image please right-click its link aO? select "Download using Mass Downloader" item of popup menu.
>
> Please note also that you can send any link to Mass Downloader using the click with Ctrl+Alt keys depressed.
>
> Please test these hints and write us about the result. Thank you.
>
> Sincerely,
> Alexander.
> | Alexander Bednyakov
> | Senior Developer
> | MetaProducts Corporation
>
>
03/29/2006 07:02 am
Dear Dean,

Thank you for writing us.
Mass Downloader doesn`t have the exploring html links feature - it is offline browsering function. Yes, Offline Explorer Pro will help you there. Please add the top html page link to Offline Explorer Pro`s Project address field and set the level to 1. Start the downloading. Offline Explorer Pro will load the top page, then will follow thumbnail links and download their pages with the embedded picture.

Please write us about the result. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| Senior Developer
| MetaProducts Corporation