Continue downloading after 100%

Fredrik 03/29/2006 07:02 am
Hello,

I use Massdownloader 2.4 sr1 together with Netscape 7.01. MD has started a strange behaviour lateley. Uninstalling and reinstalling hasn`t helped. When a project is downloaded to 100%, MD continues to downlod. I don`t know what it downloads, but the download continues. There hasn`t been any unfinished projects in the list when this has happened.

When I close MD after the download, it causes a drash in an unknown modul.

I use 2.4 since 2.5 has a bug. At least I concider it as a bug: When I drag a thumbnail to Massdownloader, I am prompt if I want to download the thumbnail itself or the image the thumbnail is linked to. Of course I don`t want to download the thumbnail. This stupid question I don`t get with 2.4.

Fredrik

Alexander 03/29/2006 07:02 am
Dear Fredrik,

Thank you for writing us.

> I use Massdownloader 2.4 sr1 together with Netscape 7.01. MD has started a strange behaviour lateley. Uninstalling and reinstalling hasn`t helped. When a project is downloaded to 100%, MD continues to downlod. I don`t know what it downloads, but the download continues. There hasn`t been any unfinished projects in the list when this has happened.
>
> When I close MD after the download, it causes a drash in an unknown modul.

Thank you for your report.
I sent you an email message with details on log file creation. It will help us to fix this problem shortly.

> I use 2.4 since 2.5 has a bug. At least I concider it as a bug: When I drag a thumbnail to Massdownloader, I am prompt if I want to download the thumbnail itself or the image the thumbnail is linked to. Of course I don`t want to download the thumbnail. This stupid question I don`t get with 2.4.

Could you please send us a link of this problem page for a test? Please use support@metaproducts.com e-mail address.
Thank you for your help.

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| Senior Developer
| MetaProducts Corporation

> Fredrik
Fredrik 03/29/2006 07:02 am
> Dear Fredrik,

> > > I use 2.4 since 2.5 has a bug. At least I concider it as a bug: When I drag a thumbnail to Massdownloader, I am prompt if I want to download the thumbnail itself or the image the thumbnail is linked to. Of course I don`t want to download the thumbnail. This stupid question I don`t get with 2.4.
> > Could you please send us a link of this problem page for a test? Please use support@metaproducts.com e-mail address.
> Thank you for your help.
> > Thank you for your help.
> > Sincerely,
> Alexander.
> | Alexander Bednyakov
> | Senior Developer
> | MetaProducts Corporation
> > > > Fredrik

Thanks Alexander

Here comes a sample site with thumbnails. When I drag a thnumbnail to the green arrow, I am promt if I want to download the thumbnail or the image it`s linked to.

http://www.uc.edu/photo/free_thumbs.html

Sincerely

Fredrik
Thank you for this link.
Please look: each thumbnail image has `1` attached to the end of file name.
Linked files have `2` attached. Please check which file Mass Downloader prompts you to download?
When I drop the thumbnail to the green arrow, Mass Downloader prompts to save ...2.jpg file.
?

Sincerely,
Alexander.

> Here comes a sample site with thumbnails. When I drag a thnumbnail to the green arrow, I am promt if I want to download the thumbnail or the image it`s linked to.
>
> http://www.uc.edu/photo/free_thumbs.html
>
> Sincerely
>
> Fredrik
03/29/2006 07:02 am
> Thank you for this link.
> Please look: each thumbnail image has `1` attached to the end of file name.
> Linked files have `2` attached. Please check which file Mass Downloader prompts you to download?
> When I drop the thumbnail to the green arrow, Mass Downloader prompts to save ...2.jpg file.
> ?
> > Sincerely,
> Alexander.
> > > Here comes a sample site with thumbnails. When I drag a thnumbnail to the green arrow, I am promt if I want to download the thumbnail or the image it`s linked to.
> > > > http://www.uc.edu/photo/free_thumbs.html
> > > > Sincerely
> > > > Fredrik

Thanks Alexander,

I drag a thumbnail to the green arrow. Then I get a dialog box "Mass Downloader add projects preview" with two projects, ...1.JPG and ...2.JPG and I can select if I want to download one of them or both. Since I never want to download thumbnails, this dialog box is only annoying and time consuming, if I want to download lots of JPEG files.

In MD 2.4 I don`t get this dilalog box. That`s why I have continued to use this version.

Sincerely

Fredrik
Dear Fredrik,

Thank you for your feedback.
Could you please send me Mass Downloader version number which has the problem?

Thank you.
Alexander.

> Thanks Alexander,
>
> I drag a thumbnail to the green arrow. Then I get a dialog box "Mass Downloader add projects preview" with two projects, ...1.JPG and ...2.JPG and I can select if I want to download one of them or both. Since I never want to download thumbnails, this dialog box is only annoying and time consuming, if I want to download lots of JPEG files.
>
> In MD 2.4 I don`t get this dilalog box. That`s why I have continued to use this version.
>
> Sincerely
>
> Fredrik
03/29/2006 07:02 am
> Dear Fredrik,
> > Thank you for your feedback.
> Could you please send me Mass Downloader version number which has the problem?
> > Thank you.
> Alexander.
> > > Thanks Alexander,
> >
> > I drag a thumbnail to the green arrow. Then I get a dialog box "Mass Downloader add projects preview" with two projects, ...1.JPG and ...2.JPG and I can select if I want to download one of them or both. Since I never want to download thumbnails, this dialog box is only annoying and time consuming, if I want to download lots of JPEG files.
> >
> > In MD 2.4 I don`t get this dilalog box. That`s why I have continued to use this version.
> >
> > Sincerely
> >
> > Fredrik

Thanks Alexander,

The version number is 2.5.340 SR3

Sincerely

Fredrik
Dear Fredrik,

Unfortunately, we cannot reproduce this problem. It seems that cause is in your settings of Mass Downloader. I sent you a message with details on extracting Mass Downloader settings. Please send them to me.

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| Senior Developer

> Thanks Alexander,
>
> The version number is 2.5.340 SR3
>
> Sincerely
>
> Fredrik
Dear Uraz,

Thank you for writing us.
Could you please make the detailed downloading log file for one of these
problem downloads?

For making the detailed log please check all settings under the Log tab in
the Project properties dialog for the selected project. Start downloading.
After it is done, if this error appeared, right-click in the Log view window
and select "Save to file" item from the pop-up menu. Save file, pack it
using WinZip or etc program and email it to me as attachment.

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| Senior Developer