Doesn`t reestablish connection if dialup is disconnected

Alisha 03/29/2006 07:02 am
MD doesn`t reestablish the dialup connection if it gets disconnected. Is this something that is going to be implemented in a future version?
Alexander 03/29/2006 07:02 am
Dear Alisha,

Thank you for writing us.
Do you use an internal Mass Downloader`s dialer?

Thanks.

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| Senior Developer
| MetaProducts Corporation
Alisha 03/29/2006 07:02 am
Hi Alexander,

I have configured an internal Mass Downloader`s dialer.
Through further experimentation, I found that if I dial up using a Windows connection and then start Mass Downloader on its business, then if the connection is terminated, Mass Downloader sits there trying forever to download but it can`t because there`s no connection. However, if I start where there is no connection, and then start Mass Downloader downloading then it will dial up and connect, then when it gets disconnected it then tries to reconnect - so that`s good. But then once it`s connected it sits there looking at the connection wondering what to do with it. So stop all downloads, and then start downloading again and all seems to go well - I do not know what will happen after that.
I hope this helps - and I also hope I`m not the only person with this problem - if I am apologies :-
all the best,
Alisha
Mike 03/29/2006 07:02 am
Alisha,
I`m glad to see that somebody else is having that same problem also, even when using MD`s dialer. I hope Alexander can help us both, this gets very annoying sometimes.

Thanks,
Mike.
Alexander Bednyakov 03/29/2006 07:02 am
Dear Mike,

Thank you for writing us.
Could you please test the new 2.6 version of Mass Downloader?
We released it last week.
Thank you.

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| Senior Developer
| MetaProducts Corporation