Project List Gone!

battwell 03/29/2006 07:01 am
When i opened Mass downloader my project list was gone, also all of the categories under All Projects were gone???
Alexander 03/29/2006 07:01 am
Dear Battwell,

Did you erase any files at your computer (and Mass Downloader`s disk folder)?
Please look at Mass Downloader`s folder please.
Categories are keeping in CATEGORY.DAT, projects list in MASSDOWN.DAT.

> When i opened Mass downloader my project list was gone, also all of the categories under All
> Projects were gone???

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| Senior Developer
| MetaProducts Corporation

Matt Levine 03/29/2006 07:01 am
I have had the same problem, I think, since I downloaded the v2.6 Beta 1. After I close the program, all new downloads are deleted from the downloaded projects list - very annoying.
Dear Matt Levine,

Thank you for writing us.
Is this problem reproduced?
Could you please describe us the way to reproduce this problem, step-by-step?
Thank you for your help!

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| Senior Developer
Matt 03/29/2006 07:01 am
It can be reproduced. All I have to do is download anything, it does not matter, and close Mass Downloader. Once I re-open the program the list of downloads does not show my new downloads any more.
Matt 03/29/2006 07:01 am
Well, I don`t know how, but it seems all of my previous downloads have re-appeared. I don`t know what I did, but now its working. Thanks for trying to help the though!
Dear Matt,

Thank you for feedback.
There are several possible causes: you added the new Projects to a certain category (please look at Category Tree) and then selected the another one.
Also, Mass Downloader has an option to remove successfully downloaded Projects from the list.

Sincerely,
Alexander.
smar 03/29/2006 07:01 am
I have the same problem. i donloaded some files(one was 467mb and another was 144mb) and when there was 1mb left the project list vanished! I still have the project files but they were downloaded using multiple channels and just opening the mass file dosen`t work. i there anyway that i could recover the files and continue the download or do i have to start the download again?
jorsik jorss 03/29/2006 07:01 am
Same problem here. I downloaded a file when my computer started lagging (for some reason after downloading for a while, Mass Downloader apparently eates up my computers resources). I looked into MD window and saw that it had some major problems- the file that was being downloaded was standing still, for some reason MD started to download next file, but failed, then next etc. In progress view window it said "creating.." for each file. I couldnt stop downloads, so I just exited program and when I started it again, all projects were gone. This is not the first time it has happened so I`m bloody annoyed. Besides that MD is poorly programmed it is a useful program, I would like to continue using it but if it just deletes my projects then.. I`d like to hear some solutions and answers from technical staff
Dear Jorsik Jorss,

Thank you for your report.
Could you please write us the Windows version number and other details about your computer? Which Internet connection bandwidth do you have? Please open Mass Downloader disk folder ("c:\Program Files\Mass Downloader" by default) and look for massdown.$$$ file. Is it there?
Please write a message to support@metaproducts.com.
Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| Senior Developer