Thread Restart - Unattended Downloading

Paul Schroeder 03/29/2006 07:01 am
Dear Sirs:

I am using MD 2.5.319 and I have opted to use internal dialer.

I have a problem when using MD for unattended downloading. MD recognizes when my ISP drops my connection and will automatically reconnect. However the Individual files (actually the individual threads) do not see the new connection and restart.

Under Progress View tab it may show the following as an example:

HTTP0 Download complete
HTTP1 Attempt No. 2
HTTP2 Download complete
HTTP3 Attempt No. 2

The "Attempt No. 2" will not restart after the connection is re-established. I can restart them manually by right clicking and choosing the restart option, however this defeats the purpose of unattended downloading. Note: After restarting all the individual threads within a file that hung with "Attempt No. 2", the file will complete and a new file will begin to download.

Options are set as defualt with the following exception:

Options dialog, Internet | Connection section "Pause between reconnects" parameter 15 seconds.
(per suggesttion of Alexander Bednyakov in post - Subject: Automatic Re-Connect After ISP interuption)
Any other suggestion to solve this problem will be greatly appreciated.

Regards:

Paul Schroeder
Alexander 03/29/2006 07:01 am
Dear Paul Schroeder,

Thank you for your report.
We will check this situation and fix this problem (if any) in the next version of Mass Downloader.

Thank you for your help!

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| Senior Developer
| MetaProducts Corporation
Tim 03/29/2006 07:01 am
> Thank you for your report.
> We will check this situation and fix this problem (if any) in the next version of Mass Downloader.

I am also suffering from this problem, but to give a little feedback...
If the connection to the ISP has not been fully restored by the time the `pause between reconnects` has counted down to zero then the file will not resume. I have the pause set to 90secs, and this works most of the time, but if the ISP does not connect first time then the problem remains.

Ideally, the program should detect that the dialer has reconnected and resume any in-progress downloads.

Tim
Alexander 03/29/2006 07:01 am
> > Thank you for your report.
> > We will check this situation and fix this problem (if any) in the next version of Mass Downloader.
>
> I am also suffering from this problem, but to give a little feedback...
> If the connection to the ISP has not been fully restored by the time the `pause between reconnects` has counted down to zero then the file will not resume. I have the pause set to 90secs, and this works most of the time, but if the ISP does not connect first time then the problem remains.
>
> Ideally, the program should detect that the dialer has reconnected and resume any in-progress downloads.
>
> Tim

Dear Tim,

Thank you for your feedback.
Yes, we plan to change the program behavior this way.

Thanks,
Alexander.

| Alexander Bednyakov
| Senior Developer
| MetaProducts Corporation