suggestion

Max 03/29/2006 07:01 am
suggestion: When i try to download something from some page MD window apears asking where to download the file blocking paga where i get this file. Sometimes i need to copy the name of the file but i can`t doit coz MD. At next release disable this function pliz.
2 add mini http browser in MD so i can browse and select what i wont to download. (Something like offline explorer)
3 Its nice to make an integration in MyIE (i don`t know if its allready done but its just suggestion).
Finaly but its my bigest wish to have in all download programs is that i can chose which part of file i wont to download from (EX: few servers got same file but every server allow just 1 login per IP and i can tell where to get 1 segment of file and so on) and option for every segment of file to use diferent Proxy (same propose). Thanks Wish it can be done. Thanks. bye
Max 03/29/2006 07:01 am
And another thing is the LOG is showing nothing at all till i press "show log" and i don`t wont to do so every file. i would like to see it evry time i download the file. Not how many % i`ve downloaded but commands which are used to login into page or ftp and what was the reply something like from ftp client:"
Connecting to *******.**mara.net
Connected to *******.****ra.net Port 21
220-theromorph FTP service
WarFTPd 1.81.01 (Aug 8 2002) Ready
(C)opyright 1996 - 2002 by Jarle (jgaa) Aase - all rights reserved.
220 Please enter your user name.
USER anonymous
331 User name okay. Give your full Email address as password.
PASS (hidden)
421 Too many connections. Goodbye
Connection failed".
Thanks
Alexander 03/29/2006 07:01 am
Dear Max,

Please go to File | Default Project Properties main menu item. In the Project Properties dialog please select the Log tab and check all boxes. Then click OK button.

Sincerely,
Alexander.

> And another thing is the LOG is showing nothing at all till i press "show log" and i don`t wont to do so every file. i would like to see it evry time i download the file. Not how many % i`ve downloaded but commands which are used to login into page or ftp and what was the reply something like from ftp client:"
> Connecting to *******.**mara.net
> Connected to *******.****ra.net Port 21
> 220-theromorph FTP service
> WarFTPd 1.81.01 (Aug 8 2002) Ready
> (C)opyright 1996 - 2002 by Jarle (jgaa) Aase - all rights reserved.
> 220 Please enter your user name.
> USER anonymous
> 331 User name okay. Give your full Email address as password.
> PASS (hidden)
> 421 Too many connections. Goodbye
> Connection failed".
> Thanks
Alexander 03/29/2006 07:01 am
Dear Max,

Thank you for your suggestions. Please look at my comments below.

> suggestion: When i try to download something from some page MD window apears asking where
> to download the file blocking paga where i get this file. Sometimes i need to copy the name of
> the file but i can`t doit coz MD. At next release disable this function pliz.

Please go to the right-bottom corner of your desktop and find the Mass Downloader icon (MD must be running) - tree green arrows. Please right-click it and select the item "Monitor clipboard" to uncheck it. Now you can ciopy any link to the clipboard and MD will not appear.

> 2 add mini http browser in MD so i can browse and select what i wont to download. (Something
> like offline explorer)

Thanks.

> 3 Its nice to make an integration in MyIE (i don`t know if its allready done but its just suggestion).

Thanks.

> Finaly but its my bigest wish to have in all download programs is that i can chose which part of
> file i wont to download from (EX: few servers got same file but every server allow just 1 login
> per IP and i can tell where to get 1 segment of file and so on) and option for every segment of
> file to use diferent Proxy (same propose). Thanks Wish it can be done. Thanks. bye

We added all your suggestions to the MD development file, thank you!

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| Senior Developer
| MetaProducts Corporation