File resuming problem "PLEASE HELP ME URGENTLY"

shan 03/29/2006 07:01 am
Dear sir,

i am using your mass downloader 2.3 older version,and i am downloading a file of size 16 MB on dial up connection. Once I downloaded over 9 MB and i restarted a download again but it downloads a file from begining but i checked the file size in download directory it shows 10MB but the download shows from the bigining.

Please help me how to resuming the file please help me.

Thanx
Alexander 03/29/2006 07:01 am
Dear Shan,

> i am using your mass downloader 2.3 older version,and i am downloading a file of size 16 MB on
> dial up connection. Once I downloaded over 9 MB and i restarted a download again but it

Did you REstart the download of start it? Mass Downloader has the option to restart the download from beginning. If you use it, you cannot resume the download, sorry.

> downloads a file from begining but i checked the file size in download directory it shows 10MB but
> the download shows from the bigining.

The size of disk file doesn`t correspond to the currently downloaded data amount, because Mass Downloader writes data to the disk to its original place (it "reserves" place for the file).

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| Senior Developer
| MetaProducts Corporation

> Please help me how to resuming the file please help me.
>
> Thanx
shan 03/29/2006 07:01 am
> Dear Shan,
>
> > i am using your mass downloader 2.3 older version,and i am downloading a file of size 16 MB on
> > dial up connection. Once I downloaded over 9 MB and i restarted a download again but it
>
> Did you REstart the download of start it? Mass Downloader has the option to restart the download from beginning. If you use it, you cannot resume the download, sorry.
>
> > downloads a file from begining but i checked the file size in download directory it shows 10MB but
> > the download shows from the bigining.
>
> The size of disk file doesn`t correspond to the currently downloaded data amount, because Mass Downloader writes data to the disk to its original place (it "reserves" place for the file).
>
> Sincerely,
> Alexander.
> | Alexander Bednyakov
> | Senior Developer
> | MetaProducts Corporation
>
> > Please help me how to resuming the file please help me.
> >
> > Thanx

sir,
i did not click the "start from the bigining" i simply clicked "start" but it downloads from bigining.

thanx
Alexander 03/29/2006 07:01 am
Dear Shan,

> sir,
> i did not click the "start from the bigining" i simply clicked "start" but it downloads from bigining.

Thank you for your info.
Could you please try to repeate this problem and make the detailed downloading log file?
This will help us to find the problem cause and fix it shortly.

For making the detailed log please check all settings under the Log tab in the Project properties dialog for the selected project. Start downloading. Break the modem connection (plug out the line jack, for example). Then reconnect and start the downloading. If this error appears, right-click in the Log view window and select "Save to file" item from the pop-up menu. Save file, pack it using WinZip or etc program and email it to support@metaproducts as attachment. Please add several words to describe the problem.

Thank you for your help!

Sincerely,
Alexander.