MD cannot download over LAN

Amanda Osei 03/29/2006 07:00 am
Mass Downloader 2.4.295 cannot seem to download files over LAN internet connection. The message `Connecting to host xxxx` would appear in the progress view box and nothing else. This happens for any website even though I discovered i can download them directly within Internet Explorer 6. Mass Downloader operates as normal over a dial up connection. Is there any settings within MD that I need to change?
Alexander 03/29/2006 07:00 am
Dear Amanda Osei,

Please set up the proxy settings of MD Options dialog, Internet | Proxy section. You can try to use the Autodetect button on the HTTP proxy page or copy this settings from your Internet Explorer proxy options dialog.

If you have any difficulties with these settings, please write to support@metaproducts.com we will help you to set up this properly.

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| Senior Developer
| MetaProducts Corporation
Amanda Osei 03/29/2006 07:00 am
Mass Downloader operates correctly now. Thank you for your help.

> Dear Amanda Osei,
>
> Please set up the proxy settings of MD Options dialog, Internet | Proxy section. You can try to use the Autodetect button on the HTTP proxy page or copy this settings from your Internet Explorer proxy options dialog.
>
> If you have any difficulties with these settings, please write to support@metaproducts.com we will help you to set up this properly.
>
> Sincerely,
> Alexander.
> | Alexander Bednyakov
> | Senior Developer
> | MetaProducts Corporation
Ivan Bares 03/29/2006 07:00 am
I want ask you in different way. That guy propably meant downloadin from internet when he is connecter via Lan.. I am connecter in same way.. Everything works correctly. But i want download from other LAN users - of course i can use windows Explorer or windows Commander. But if somebody disconnects and i am dowloading about 700mb big movie(it takes about 1-3 hours) with downloader which doesn`t support resume function, i feel very andry and this happens very often. My question is> Does MASSDOWN support download from other lan users, or will it support in future??? Or can you recommend me some other program??? Thx. Ivan Bares, Czech Republic
Dear Ivan Bares,

Thank you for writing us.
Could you please give us more deteils on your request? From which apps you want to download? Using which protocols? Do these other LAN users have web or FTP servers installed?

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| Senior Developer
mr. suave 03/29/2006 07:00 am
i have the same problem too. i want to copy files from other LAN PCs. when i copy a 600mb file then the LAN PC shuts down, the file being copied will terminate so you`ll have to start all over again. i am thinking if MD can solve the prob, like support resume file copy on LAN PCs just like downloading file over http or ftp servers.

> I want ask you in different way. That guy propably meant downloadin from internet when he is connecter via Lan.. I am connecter in same way.. Everything works correctly. But i want download from other LAN users - of course i can use windows Explorer or windows Commander. But if somebody disconnects and i am dowloading about 700mb big movie(it takes about 1-3 hours) with downloader which doesn`t support resume function, i feel very andry and this happens very often. My question is> Does MASSDOWN support download from other lan users, or will it support in future??? Or can you recommend me some other program??? Thx. Ivan Bares, Czech Republic
Mr. Suave,

Thank you for your request.

Sincerely,
Alexander
Hoang 03/29/2006 07:00 am
i have the same problem too. i want to copy files from other LAN PCs. when i copy a large file then the LAN PC shuts down or halt, the file being copied will terminate so you`ll have to start all over again. i am thinking if MD can solve the prob, like support resume file copy on LAN PCs just like downloading file over http or ftp servers. Can i do over web or ftp or anyprogram remote ??? show me if U know !! thx
Hoang,

Thank you for writing us.
Mass Downloader 3.1 version will support the file:// protocol. This will allow to use Mass Downloader for downloading (copying) files from remote network drives.

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
Hoang,

Could you please test the file:// protocol support in Mass Downloader?
The latest 3.1 Beta 1 version allows you to download files from remote mapped drives using the following URLs:
file://X:\folder\file.ext
Please write us about the result. Thank you.

Best regards,
Alexander Bednyakov
MP Staff