Confirm for Clipboard added downloads

cRoMo 03/29/2006 07:00 am
I think that there should be an option in MD to confirm downloads added by th Clipboard Monitor.
Alexander 03/29/2006 07:00 am
Please go to MD Options | Integration section. Check the "Use default parameters" box and select the "Open `Save As` dialog" button. Click OK and test clipboard monitoring.

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| Senior Developer
| MetaProducts Corporation
cRoMo 03/29/2006 07:00 am
> Please go to MD Options | Integration section. Check the "Use default parameters" box and select the "Open `Save As` dialog" button. Click OK and test clipboard monitoring.

It is not exactly what I wanted to reach. Yes, with those setting there will be a confirmation for Clipboard Monitoring added links, but there will be also a conformation for normal, Browser clicks` added downloads. And here`s the point. When you are clicking on the link in your`s browser, in most cases you don`t need to have a confirmation for that (because you know what you are cliking), but if you are copying some links to the clipboard, many times you wouldn`t like these links to be downloaded by MD. That`s why there should be two separated options, to confirm links from Browser Cliks and Clipboard Monitoring. Those both options should go (IMHO) to the Advanced -> Confirmations section of MD`s Options.

I think it isn`t only My request, most Download Managers have got similar possibility.
Alexander 03/29/2006 07:00 am
Ok, thank you for your details.
We will think about such option. Fairly, we don`t like to add the new option when there is a way to do this thing without it. More options -> more complexity -> more difficulties.

You are the first person who asked us about this option.

Sincerely,
Alexander.
| Alexander Bednyakov
| Senior Developer
| MetaProducts Corporation