Opera v7.20 final can`t find bookmarks

Dick 10/01/2003 04:26 pm
I`ve now tested with opera v7.2 final and LO can`t find bookmarks

> Oleg:
> > I`ve received your email, thanks. I have tested LO build 83 with Opera v7.20 beta 12 build 3133.
> > In LO I have checked all the Opera options and the only list that LO finds is labelled "Opera Hotlists" and I haven`t any hotlists defined.
> > LO does not find my opera bookmarks.
> > My opera folder is drive:\program files\opera
> > I have no users defined in opera.
> >
> > Hope this information helps, I shall continue to test as you provide new versions.
> > Regards,
> > Dick
>
> Here is some additional information for your debugging:
> Paths
> Preferences D:\PROGRAM FILES\OPERA\profile\opera6.ini
> Saved windows D:\PROGRAM FILES\OPERA\profile\sessions\opera.win
> Bookmarks D:\PROGRAM FILES\OPERA\profile\opera6.adr
>
> Opera directory D:\PROGRAM FILES\OPERA\profile
> Cache D:\Program Files\Opera\Cache4
> Mail directory D:\Program Files\Opera\Mail
> Help documents D:\Program Files\Opera\Help
>
> Plug-in path D:\Program Files\Opera\Program\Plugins
> D:\Program Files\Opera\Plugins

I have also tested with LO build 84, same negative results as reported for build 83.
Oleg Chernavin 10/02/2003 06:37 am
Hello,

I made some additional tests and found one bug. I fixed it and this should help. Please download the update from the same location:

http://www.metaproducts.com/download/betas/lo84.zip

Does it help?

Thank you.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MetaProducts corp.
Dick 10/03/2003 11:31 pm
Sorry, still does not work... it is doing the same thing it has always done, it identifies "opera v7 hotlist" when I don`t have/use the hotlist.. I only use bookmarks... it tries to list the bookmarks but only shows 3 folder names and a few bookmarks...
BTW, I`m now up to running opera v7.21 preview 2 build 3210

> Hello,
>
> I made some additional tests and found one bug. I fixed it and this should help. Please download the update from the same location:
>
> http://www.metaproducts.com/download/betas/lo84.zip
>
> Does it help?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Best regards,
> Oleg Chernavin
> MetaProducts corp.
Oleg Chernavin 10/06/2003 04:14 am
Can you please click the Opera 7 hotlists item on the left tree and see which file path it uses in the Status Bar?

Oleg.
Dick 10/06/2003 08:25 am
I`m not sure how 2do exactly what you`ve asked for.... because I don`t know what "left tree" you are referring to... so tell me how you would like me to configure opera to see that "left tree" you want me to look at...

however, when I click the "hotlist" icon in the main toolbar the hotlist shows on the left as I`ve configured it... I only display 4 tabs on the hotlist (bookmarks, history, transfers, windows) ... if I hover over any of these 4 tabs the status bar shows NOTHING... if I click on the bookmarks tab, all the bookmarks show, as I hover over each bookmark their correct URL shows in the status bar....

I`ve listed below the paths shown in the "about opera" display.... maybe these will help... please tell me if you want me to open opera6.ini or opera6.adr to look for any other information...

Paths
Preferences D:\PROGRAM FILES\OPERA\profile\opera6.ini
Saved windows D:\PROGRAM FILES\OPERA\profile\sessions\opera.win
Bookmarks D:\PROGRAM FILES\OPERA\profile\opera6.adr

Opera directory D:\PROGRAM FILES\OPERA\profile
Cache D:\Program Files\Opera\Cache4
Mail directory D:\Program Files\Opera\Mail
Help documents D:\Program Files\Opera\Help

Plug-in path D:\Program Files\Opera\Program\Plugins
D:\Program Files\Opera\Plugins

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Can you please click the Opera 7 hotlists item on the left tree and see which file path it uses in the Status Bar?
>
> Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 10/06/2003 10:03 am
I mean the tree with categories in Links Organizer - please start Links Organizer and once it loads, select Opera 7 Hotlists on the left and the status bar below should display the File: ... line.

Oleg.
Dick 10/06/2003 03:04 pm
sorry....
in LO the status bar shows d:\program files\opera\profile\opera6.adr
which is the corresponding location for bookmarks in opera help display...
however, LO doesn`t parse the bookmark file and display it correctly...
Dick

> I mean the tree with categories in Links Organizer - please start Links Organizer and once it loads, select Opera 7 Hotlists on the left and the status bar below should display the File: ... line.
>
> Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 10/06/2003 04:11 pm
I see now. Perhaps they have slightly changed the format just recently. I have no such problem on my installed Opera 7.2. Would it be possible to ask you to send me your opera6.adr file for testing purposes only to support@metaproducts.com ?

Thank you.

Oleg.
Dick 10/06/2003 06:44 pm
SENT2U4TESTING...
please keep the file confidential
Dick

> I see now. Perhaps they have slightly changed the format just recently. I have no such problem on my installed Opera 7.2. Would it be possible to ask you to send me your opera6.adr file for testing purposes only to support@metaproducts.com ?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 10/07/2003 05:30 am
> SENT2U4TESTING...
> please keep the file confidential

Yes, this is for sure! I will wait for the E-mail from our support team.

Oleg.
Dick 10/14/2003 02:12 pm
Have U received and tested the file I`ve sent2U ???
Dick

> > SENT2U4TESTING...
> > please keep the file confidential
>
> Yes, this is for sure! I will wait for the E-mail from our support team.
>
> Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 10/15/2003 04:50 am
Dick,

I just checked my E-mails and I see that I sent you an E-mail on September 17th. Did you receive it? If not, I can try again or it could be your E-mail address problems.

Oleg.
Dick 10/16/2003 12:28 am
On October 6th I sent you and email with the opera6.adr file as an attachment....
I suppose that you never received this email and file to test with ???
Dick

> Dick,
>
> I just checked my E-mails and I see that I sent you an E-mail on September 17th. Did you receive it? If not, I can try again or it could be your E-mail address problems.
>
> Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 10/16/2003 06:06 am
Yes, it looks like that. The latest E-mail I got was on Septembet 16th.

Can I ask you to resend that file again?

Thank you.

Oleg.
Dick 10/16/2003 02:03 pm
RESENT today to support@metaproducts.com

> Yes, it looks like that. The latest E-mail I got was on Septembet 16th.
>
> Can I ask you to resend that file again?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 10/17/2003 12:24 pm
Got it today. Thank you! I will try to fix it shortly. I will let you know directly by E-mail once I resolve the problem. I hope it will be shortly.

Oleg.
Oleg Chernavin 10/30/2003 11:33 am
I just released the new 1.4 version with this problem fixed.

Oleg.