Wrap not working?

Liber 03/29/2006 07:01 am
Hi:

I think the "Wrap long lines" is not working; or I don`t understand it. I`m assuming that it should wrap lines longer that 80 (or whatever you set) chars so you don`t have to scroll horizontally. If I toggle it I see a vertical margin line but lines do not wrap at that column; in fact they do not wrap at all. Am I doing anything wrong or is it that feature broken?

Congrats on this program is one of the best editors I have found.
Serge Korzhinski 03/29/2006 07:01 am
Dear Liber:

Now you cannot wrap the existing text using LightPad.
When the "Wrap long lines" option is used typed text wraps by the left margin.
We plan to add clear word wrap feature to the future versions of the program.
Thank you for your feedback.

| Sergey Korzhinski
| Senior Associate Developer
| MetaProducts Corporation
| sergey.korzhinski@metaproducts.com
| www.metaproducts.com
YuRiX 03/29/2006 07:01 am
I would be very happy if you add this function, just becouse I can`t use the programm without wrapping.
The programm is rwally good, I like, it`s useful. I was glad to download it. But when I saw the problem witx wrapping, a had to begin to use the standart Windows Notepad.

I hope you will add the function, couse wont scroll text horiznotally.

Sorry about the mistakes, I`m not English.
Ron 03/29/2006 07:01 am
> I would be very happy if you add this function, just becouse I can`t use the programm without wrapping.
> The programm is rwally good, I like, it`s useful. I was glad to download it. But when I saw the problem witx wrapping, a had to begin to use the standart Windows Notepad.
>
> I hope you will add the function, couse wont scroll text horiznotally.
>
> Sorry about the mistakes, I`m not English.

I would second the request for this feature to be added. It certainly would add clarity to viewing code. I also use FrontPage (which I don`t like) but will save a file and re-open it with FrontPage to get lines wrapped.

Thanks!