memory usage

Author Message
Mundavian Gnowe 01/18/2004 06:03 pm
Hi - love Desktool, but notice that it continuously increases its memory usage after starting up. Over a period of several days, it can increase memory usage from under 8 meg to over 50 meg. Then exiting and restarting Desktool takes it back down to under 8meg. Do you know why this happens? I`m using it on a laptop with only 256MB ram (W2K SP4), so this issue affects my performance.
Thanks!
Sergey Kovrizhkin 01/19/2004 03:25 am
> Hi - love Desktool, but notice that it continuously increases its memory usage after starting up.
> Over a period of several days, it can increase memory usage from under 8 meg to over 50 meg.
>Then exiting and restarting Desktool takes it back down to under 8meg. Do you know why this
>happens? I`m using it on a laptop with only 256MB ram (W2K SP4), so this issue affects my
>performance.
> Thanks!

Hello.
Thank you for your report.
We plan to release the new version of DeskTool shortly.
This problem will be fixed in the new version.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,
Sergey Kovrizhkin
MetaProducts Corp.

Mundavian Gnowe 02/06/2004 07:09 am
> > Hi - love Desktool, but notice that it continuously increases its memory usage after starting up.
> > Over a period of several days, it can increase memory usage from under 8 meg to over 50 meg.
> >Then exiting and restarting Desktool takes it back down to under 8meg. Do you know why this
> >happens? I`m using it on a laptop with only 256MB ram (W2K SP4), so this issue affects my
> >performance.
> > Thanks!
>
> Hello.
> Thank you for your report.
> We plan to release the new version of DeskTool shortly.
> This problem will be fixed in the new version.
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Best regards,
> Sergey Kovrizhkin
> MetaProducts Corp.
>
>
Any ETA on the new version - weeks, months, etc.? Just want to decide if I should look for an alternative. Thanks for the reply.
Sergey Kovrizhkin 02/09/2004 02:21 am
> Any ETA on the new version - weeks, months, etc.? Just want to decide if I should look for an alternative. Thanks for the reply.

Hi,
We plan to release the new beta version in the nearest two (maximum three) weeks.
If you agree, we could send you the alpha version (not fully functional new release with defects) for testing.
Thanks you for interest in DeskTool.

Best regards,
Sergey Kovrizhkin
MP Staff