1) First off, when I installed autodiaglog I deleted ALL folders in the default list. I cannot get the RECENTLY USED FOLDERS list to work. I have it set to 10. I also toggled the AUTODIALOGS Caption button styles.
2) If you have 2 instances of windows explorer open, the caption button only shows in the active window.
3) Is there a method to have a windows explorer fold in view, and when clicking the Caption Button or Tray Icon to have another instance of windows explorer to open? What happens now is when you change to a different folder it changes in the current open explorer view. Would like to find a way to open another instance of it for say to compare folder contents or to drag, copy files/folders across the two open windows explorer windows.
If not, perhap the author could add this feature in a future version. For instance, holding the CRTL key while clicking on a folder from the caption button or tray icon would open the selected folder in a NEW explorer window.
Thanks for reading my post.
4) When right clicking a folder in explorer and selecting from the context menu ADD TO AUTODIALOGS then after its added, you go into the autodialogs properties/folder list, I cannot move/copy/paste or whatever that newly added folder to a GROUP. Moving it up or down bypasses groups. How can it be added to a GROUP?
1. Yes, this is a problem that I haven't yet solved. The recent folders list works only with the old-style caption button (Properties - AutoDialogs Caption Button tab). I am still thinking on how to solve that.
2. Yes, this is by design. Especially because the new style button is actually a separate window that floats over the Open/Save dialogs and Explorer windows. I did that for compatibility issues.
3. Yes, just press Shift key when selecting a folder. It is a standard way of opening a link in a new window in all browsers. Ctrl usually opens a link in a new tab.
4. You have to simply drag the item onto a group and it will appear there.