Explorer Title Bar - Only one letter

Author Message
Nic 09/11/2003 03:46 pm
Gosh - nobody uses this much (compared to say OEP)!

Just downloaded 2.1 of autodialogs - and noticed that when using windows explorer (obviously with the file tree) with autodialogs set for explorer that only the first letter of the folder in the Title Bar is displayed.

When you launch explorer - no problems. But as soon as you change a folder... only one letter!

Nic.
Oleg Chernavin 09/12/2003 07:51 am
Nic,

Thank you. We will work on it. Please only tell me your Windows version.

Best regards,
Oleg Chernavin
MetaProducts corp.
Nic 09/15/2003 09:10 am
XP Professional SP1
Dale 09/15/2003 11:12 pm
> When you launch explorer - no problems. But as soon as you change a folder... only one letter!
>

Same problem here. XP Pro SR-1. However, if I access explorer via My Computer or by starting a drive on either USB or FireWire (camera and external hard drive) the explorer that opens does not have the problem. In those cases I get a normal title bar.

I`ve also noticed often when running Windows Explorer the initial title bar contains gibberish.
Oleg Chernavin 09/16/2003 11:08 am
Thank you! We will try to fix it in 2.2 version soon.

Oleg.
Nic 09/19/2003 12:51 am
Thanks.

FYI - It didn`t happen in the previous version... I assume I was quite up to date - but can`t remember the version number (it looks the same - just doesn`t have the regedit feature).

Nic.
Oleg Chernavin 09/19/2003 02:43 pm
Yes, we changed the code that works with Windows in order to fix another bug under Windows 2000.

Thanks again.

Oleg.
the solution man 02/19/2006 10:40 am
i had the same problem, just on letter was shown in the internet explorer title bar, i visited many pages and forums but nothing!! although, suddenly i saw a text that said : UNINSTALL GOOGLE TOOLBAR!! that is the solution!!

i have wp pro, sp2, esxplorer 6.
Ashley Webb 03/11/2006 01:16 pm
> i had the same problem, just on letter was shown in the internet explorer title bar, i visited many pages and forums but nothing!! although, suddenly i saw a text that said : UNINSTALL GOOGLE TOOLBAR!! that is the solution!!
>
> i have wp pro, sp2, esxplorer 6.

Dude
You are THE MAN!!!
This issue has been bugging the living **** out of me. I downloaded Google Earth recently, and I think the Google tool bar invited itself on to my laptop at the same time. I`ve just deleted the damn thing, and no more problems with the single letter in the IE6 title bar.
THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU!. I hope your help is rewarded my friend :-)

Ashley
Abhishek 03/28/2006 12:46 am
i had the same problem, just on letter was shown in the internet explorer title bar, i visited many pages and forums but nothing!! although, suddenly i saw a text that said :
UNINSTALL GOOGLE TOOLBAR!! that is the solution!!

i have wp pro, sp2, esxplorer 6.


Excellent response...!

You are true to your name, I must say.

This issue was driving me crazy, till I came across this post of yours.

It solved the irritating glitch in a jiffy.

Thanks a lot pal.

-Abhishek.
Pearlie 04/04/2006 05:48 am
> Thanks from Brighton, UK. This has solved something which was driving me crazy. Very difficult to find any info on this problem, took me a while but then I found this forum. Problem solved.
Thank you.... :-)








i had the same problem, just on letter was shown in the internet explorer title bar, i visited many pages and forums but nothing!! although, suddenly i saw a text that said :
> UNINSTALL GOOGLE TOOLBAR!! that is the solution!!
>
> i have wp pro, sp2, esxplorer 6.
>
>
> Excellent response...!
>
> You are true to your name, I must say.
>
> This issue was driving me crazy, till I came across this post of yours.
>
> It solved the irritating glitch in a jiffy.
>
> Thanks a lot pal.
>
> -Abhishek.
Anand Padki 05/26/2006 06:10 am
UNINSTALL GOOGLE TOOL BAR SOLVES THE PROBLEM. THANKS FOR THE MESSAGE. IT IS DUE TO OLD VERSION OF GOOGLE TOOL BAR WHICH COMES WHICH OLD REAL PLAYER. IF YOU WANT TO LATEST GOOGLE TOOL BAR GOTO GOOGLE.COM THAT SHOULD WORK FINE.

ANAND



> > Thanks from Brighton, UK. This has solved something which was driving me crazy. Very difficult to find any info on this problem, took me a while but then I found this forum. Problem solved.
> Thank you.... :-)
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> i had the same problem, just on letter was shown in the internet explorer title bar, i visited many pages and forums but nothing!! although, suddenly i saw a text that said :
> > UNINSTALL GOOGLE TOOLBAR!! that is the solution!!
> >
> > i have wp pro, sp2, esxplorer 6.
> >
> >
> > Excellent response...!
> >
> > You are true to your name, I must say.
> >
> > This issue was driving me crazy, till I came across this post of yours.
> >
> > It solved the irritating glitch in a jiffy.
> >
> > Thanks a lot pal.
> >
> > -Abhishek.
Goldengriffin 06/10/2006 10:52 am
> i had the same problem, just on letter was shown in the internet explorer title bar, i visited many pages and forums but nothing!! although, suddenly i saw a text that said : UNINSTALL GOOGLE TOOLBAR!! that is the solution!!
>
> i have wp pro, sp2, esxplorer 6.

Thanks a million it fixed my problem. I have been going nuts trying to figure out what had happened.
Jeppe Junker 06/16/2006 09:39 am
> i had the same problem, just on letter was shown in the internet explorer title bar, i visited many pages and forums but nothing!! although, suddenly i saw a text that said : UNINSTALL GOOGLE TOOLBAR!! that is the solution!!
>
> i have wp pro, sp2, esxplorer 6.

Thanx man! I looked everywhere for a solution. Had no idea it was the Google Toolbar.
koray 07/07/2006 08:26 am
Thanks Uninstalling the google toolbar solved the problem.
For Turk's im writing in Turkish

E?er explorerda ba?lyk cubu?unda (title bar) tek harf goruyorsanyz, google toolbar ynyzy silerek problemi cozebilirsiniz. sonra isterseniz tekrar kurun.
suban 10/05/2007 01:50 pm
> > i had the same problem, just on letter was shown in the internet explorer title bar, i visited many pages and forums but nothing!! although, suddenly i saw a text that said : UNINSTALL GOOGLE TOOLBAR!! that is the solution!!
> >
> > i have wp pro, sp2, esxplorer 6.
>
> Dude
> You are THE MAN!!!
> This issue has been bugging the living **** out of me. I downloaded Google Earth recently, and I think the Google tool bar invited itself on to my laptop at the same time. I`ve just deleted the damn thing, and no more problems with the single letter in the IE6 title bar.
> THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU!. I hope your help is rewarded my friend :-)
>
> Ashley

Hey Dude,

You rock, I too did uninstall Google Toolbar and it worked. You rock baby. Thanks alot once again. Keep in touch with me via email subanbv@yahoo.com

Bye take care.